November 14, 2019

Gearing up for the holidays!

I love it when my family gets together for the holidays.  We're 17 strong and loud!  I have music theatre children in the family... they have learned to project their voices.... so no matter what room they are in, or even if they are outside... we hear them loud and clear!

I love it!

Dennis?  Not so much!

He is never to sure once the loudness starts and  the kids are asking 30 questions and all fighting over the same toy.  He looks defeated when people make messes and then walk into another room and make another mess.

The door opens and closes so many times and he thinks I have cooked too much food and just knows he will have to eat leftovers for 3 weeks. We are several families coming together for one meal and the time is always an issue for someone.

I miss having Thanksgiving  at Aunt Sandy's and Uncle Genes.  When all I did was made a couple dishes to bring to the party!  It was the best holiday then.  Eating food, visiting with family, riding 4 wheelers and going to the movies.  Then I would come home and decorate for Christmas while Dennis went to work and the kids played.

I am working hard on making it a fun holiday here too... but it's a lot of work!  I just keep telling myself that I have a 4 day weekend to recuperate!  (the only one I have all year)  And Decorate for Christmas.... so there's that....