December 25, 2019

Matthews blanket

I don’t sew.  It’s a known fact.  I can hot glue gun stuff all day long, but I can’t sew.  Then... I decided  to make a t-shirt blanket for Matthew.  it's official.. I have lost my mind.

I worked on this labor of love for three weeks during all my free time and watch lots of youtube videos.  My iron kept turning off and I had to run to hobby lobby 3 times to get forgotten things.  I watched an entire season of Dawson's Creek making this.  Stepped on several needles, lost my mind on threading the bobbins and went through 3 cutting razors!

I had to tear out 4 seams and at one point I had the king size blanket on the floor trying to figure out how to get the batting situated.  It was an adventure... and it in NO WAY looks great... but from far away it will pass as "nice" & it is really comfy.  I even sewed  a small pocket on the inside for his remote.

Hopefully, the thought behind it means more the it's worth. and he seemed happy when he opened it.... plus I got a big hug,so that's considered a win right?!  And his big smile made all those evenings sewing until 3 a.m. worth it.

However... I am still so glad that project is over, and never again will I make another one with 30, 12X12 squares!  It would fit a King sizes bed.