September 28, 2019

A Win Day

So here I am, on my back porch on a Saturday afternoon.  I'ts a sunny and a comfortable 86 degrees.   I love sitting on the patio and getting some vitamin D while watching Netflix or reading a book... today writing the blog.  I hear the wind and see the big fluffy clouds and for some reason, it reminds me of a day I had as a little girl.  Sometimes smells of a breeze takes me back to a different time.  I like it when that happens.  It reaffirms what a great childhood I had. All my life I can remember looking up into the vast sky. 

Walking home from elementary school I would look up at the trees against the sky and wonder what my life would be like in the future.  Wondering if I would have a future.  I remember doing that on my back patio in Guymon when I was in my 30/40's while I listened to my son and neighborhood kids playing basketball in the park behind our house.  I seem to create an outdoor living space  at my homes because somehow it always calls to me to look at the sky.  So on days like these, when the sky is blue and the clouds are white and full,  I can sit and enjoy not only the present but reminisce about the past. It's a win day!