September 12, 2019

Midnight Shenanigans



It's quiet in the house. I can hear the distant noise of the box fan in our room down the hall and a soft ticking of the clock in our family room. I'm working on odd and ends stuff on the computer before I got to bed and decided to listen to a little bit of Iron and Wine.
Realizing I don't have  the amazon app on my computer, I install it. Once its installed I sign in and then ask Alexa to play Iron and Wine, which is a singer song writer easy listening group... Only my Alexa from across the room is listening to me and I am not paying attention to the blue ring on the device as it lights up. Next thing I know, Alexa, who is still turned to high heaven from my weekend cleaning spree shouts: PLAYING MUSIC FROM IRON & WINE! Its so loud it can't hear me yelling at it, and then it begins to play the loudest Iron and Wine song EVER! I can't get away from the bar fast enough and to Alexa that's across my large kitchen! Now Dennis is awake and the dogs are in here looking at me! Midnight is NOT the time for these shenanigans! Now I can't get back into my work mode.