Insignificant Thoughts by Raven Carter - my take on life, marriage, family, retirement, starting over, memories, home, opinions and all the Insignificant Thoughts in between
February 7, 2012
Happy Birthday to ME!
Today is my birthday. I am 47 years old.... and I fill GOOD about it! It is the oldest I have ever been, yet the youngest I will be for the rest of my life. Strange philosophy I know... but I am a strange 47 year old. Recently just losing my Daddy.. I realized something... even though I already knew it, I think it just re-confirmed it for me. I know life is precious... I KNOW that we don't have forever, and I look at 47 as still alive and kicking and blessed with more time to love my family, explore more possibilities and realize more dreams! When I ask myself if I would like to be in my 20's again I say HELL NO! They were not easy years.... But 30's were pretty great! And my 40's have been pretty great too! I think it is about attitude, you either have a good one or you don't. But if you don't have a good attitude then the rest of your life isnt' going to be good either. So even though I have notice more wrinkles and taking vitamins is about necessity now. I have friends that died at 15, 18, 21, 35, 39, 49...some missing getting a license, graduating from school, getting married, watching their families grow, having grandchildren... I am glad that I have been blessed to live 47 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment