September 22, 2026

I May Not Spell It, But I Thought It

So I have written this blog for about 17 years. I have even published it into a couple of books that sit in my library, so I never have to shut up or stop having an opinion, even in death. 😂

I tend to write my words like I’m just talking. It helps, if we’ve ever had a conversation, to read it the way you know I would say it—with all my little inflections and theatrics, because maybe then it won’t come across quite so sassy sometimes. 😂

I have always loved to write, and this gave me a place to vent and get my frustrations out. Kind of like a therapy session, only free and I get to do all the talking. I’ve never tried to make it some big talking piece or even something people know about. Occasionally I’ll share a story on Facebook. And I say occasionally because my brain is busy, y’all, and I write almost daily. I have over 1,000 posts, so most of them never make it to Facebook.

My grandma kept a journal, but she only told you she went shopping and how much every item cost. 😂 So I guess we both felt the need to document our lives…we just had different priorities.

Anyway, I only discovered ChatGPT in November of last year when I had a major surgery. I knew very little about it until recently and thought, Wow, she can make me look smarter! 😂 But then she started turning my words into someone else’s words, and they didn’t sound like me. And I realized it’s more important for my personality to shine through than it is for me to sound smarter.

So my pieces are still authentic works of art by a simple person with opinions and insignificant thoughts, just like my title suggests.

But getting the spelling right? That’s all ChatGPT! 😂 I may not know how to spell all the big words in my head, but she does.

And really, that’s all the help I needed


No comments:

Post a Comment