September 12, 2026

Ya Gossiping Turd Bucket!

 Whoa…

“Don’t tell me what someone said about me. Tell me why they felt comfortable talking about me to you!”

That right there pretty much explains why I am not part of a gossip circle. 😂

People who know me already know better than to come to me talking about somebody I care about. Because I am probably not going to sit there quietly, nod my head, and pretend I didn’t hear it. Nope. I’m going to have something to say. And depending on who you are talking about, I may even send a little slang back your way. 😂

I’ve noticed that I am often the last person to hear about something—or I never hear about it at all. And honestly, I think I know why.

People know I am probably going to ask questions. I’m probably going to defend somebody. I’m probably going to say, “Well, did you ever think about it this way?” And there is a very good chance I am going to put a stop to the whole conversation before it turns into a full-blown gossip festival. 

I don’t need to know everybody’s business. I have enough of my own! And apparently, somewhere along the way, people figured out that if they bring gossip to me, they may not get the reaction they were hoping for. I’m not going to help tear somebody down just so we can have something to talk about.

So maybe being the last to know isn’t such a bad thing after all. Maybe it means people know I’m not going to carry somebody else’s mess around for them. And honestly? That makes me feel like I’m doing something right. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment