I have discovered something about myself… apparently my creativity clocks in for the night shift.
Around 10:00 p.m. my brain suddenly decides, “You know what sounds like a great idea? Let’s write a blog, or romance novel! We can make a birthday card, start a Christmas project, reorganize the craft room, tune the violin, and maybe clean out the garage while we’re at it.”
Really? NOW?
The problem is that grown-up responsibilities expect me to be awake tomorrow morning. And if I stay up following every brilliant little idea that pops into my head, tomorrow night’s creative genius is going to be replaced by a woman asleep in the recliner by 8:30.
This system is not sustainable.
My brain has a waiting list.
Daytime Raven says, “You should probably get some rest.”
Nighttime Raven says, “Sleep is temporary. Inspiration is forever.”
Honestly, I wish my creativity would punch a time clock and show up around 10:00 in the morning instead. We’d get so much done! But no… apparently my imagination is part vampire.
So if you see me wandering around tomorrow looking a little tired, just know it’s because my brain spent half the night opening seventeen tabs that my body now has to figure out how to finish.
Creative people… please tell me I’m not the only one whose best ideas arrive precisely when common sense has already gone to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment