July 30, 2026

When Your Hobby Needs Its Own Hobby Room

The Way I Craft

I have a tiny little writing hut in my house because I love to write. It has my computer, my desk, and shelves all around me. The funny thing is, because I already have a library in another part of my house, those shelves aren’t filled with books—they’re filled with craft supplies. Apparently, I do crafts in my writing hut too.

The problem is, I don’t have just one craft. I have several. And when I decide I like a craft, I don’t just dip my toe into it. Oh no. I go all in. I buy the equipment, the tools, the supplies, the accessories, and every single thing that goes with it. I don’t have hobbies; I have full-blown commitments.

So my little writing hut has turned into a combination writing space, craft room, supply closet, and probably a fire hazard. There are too many crafts, way too many supplies, and barely enough room left for me to sit down. I hate it! I can’t let my creative juices flow in this tiny space, and I really try!

Every shelf tells a story about something that once caught my attention and made me excited enough to learn something new. But I also know myself well enough to know there will be another craft someday, another set of supplies, and another machine that I absolutely have to have. The problem is, I’m already out of room.

Maybe that’s just who I am. I don’t do things halfway. Whether it’s writing, reading, or crafting, I go all in. My writing hut may be cramped, cluttered, and one Cricut purchase away from a structural collapse, but it’s mine… and it’s full of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment