I’ve decided I’m done with filters.
Not the funny ones that put bunny ears on your head. I’m talking about the little skin-smoothing filters that magically erase every wrinkle, soften every line, and make you look like you slept twelve hours, drank a gallon of water, and have never experienced stress a day in your life.
I’ve used them. Not a lot. I never tried to make myself look twenty years younger or fifty pounds thinner. Just enough to soften things a bit.
But lately… I’m tired of it.
The truth is, I was never the photogenic one. My daughter could look at a camera from across the room and somehow end up looking like she belonged on the cover of a magazine. Me? I could take fifty pictures and somehow blink in forty-nine of them.
It is what it is.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized something. Someday my grandkids are going to look through pictures of me. I don’t want them wondering who that airbrushed woman was. I want them to see me. The woman who laughed too hard, stayed up too late writing, worried too much, loved fiercely, and earned every one of those little lines around her eyes.
Those wrinkles? They came from 61 years of living.
The gray hair? It showed up because time keeps moving.
My face changed because I’m supposed to change.
I have single friends who may still be trying to catfish the dating world. š More power to them. But I’ve been married for years. I don’t have the energy to keep pretending my face doesn’t know what year it is.
So this is me.
No more hiding every line. No more smoothing away the evidence that I’ve actually lived.
My digital image may change. My body will keep changing. That’s part of getting older, and honestly… I’m okay with that.
What I’m not okay with anymore is pretending to be someone I’m not.
If you see a picture of me from here on out, chances are you’re getting the real deal. So from here on out what youvseebisbehatvuiunget. what you see is what you get. Wrinkles, gray hair, laugh lines, and all. Because growing older is real… and so am I.
No comments:
Post a Comment