Absolutely. I’d keep the advice angle but make “Stop Wasting My Time” the bigger point:
Somebody Needed to Say It: Stop Wasting My Time
If you’ve already decided what you’re going to do, don’t ask me what I think and then get pissed because I thought. 😂
You didn’t want advice.
You wanted confirmation with an audience.
There’s a difference.
“Do you think I should text him?”
No.
“Well, I think I’m going to.”
Okay.
“Do you think that’s a bad idea?”
Yes.
“Why are you being so negative?”
Ma’am, YOU CALLED ME. 😂
If you want me to tell you you’re right, just lead with that. Save us both some time.
And if you’ve already made the decision, TELL ME THAT TOO. Don’t make me spend 30 minutes analyzing your options, weighing the pros and cons, and trying to help you figure out what to do when apparently we weren’t considering any of those options anyway.
Just say, “I’ve already made a terrible decision. I need you to support me emotionally while I do it.”
Perfect.
Now I know my role. 😂
You don’t have to take my advice. You don’t even have to like it. But if you ask for my opinion, don’t punish me for giving you exactly what you asked for.
Because asking for advice, arguing with the advice, ignoring the advice, and then doing exactly what you planned to do before you asked me isn’t asking for help.
It’s wasting my time.
Somebody needed to say it. 😂
No comments:
Post a Comment