October 6, 2026

Somewhere in These Boxes Is My Sanity

Right now, pretty much my entire life is in BOXES. We’re moving, and because we’ll be waiting on our new house, a lot of this stuff is going to STAY in boxes for probably the next 10 months... And somewhere in those boxes… is apparently my sanity. 😂

I cannot WAIT to have a craft room again. I didn’t realize how much I need that creative outlet until I didn’t have access to it. I need a project. I need something to plan, paint, glue, decorate, rearrange, make for a friend, make for myself—or completely screw up and start over. 😂

Right now, I feel boxed up right along with everything else. My supplies are packed. My stuff is packed. My house is in transition. And apparently my brain does NOT appreciate being told, “We’ll get back to that sometime next year.”

I need something to do with my hands AND my brain. It makes me wonder about people who don’t have hobbies or interests. What do you DO with all your time? Seriously. Sit around and wait to get old? Wait to die? I can’t imagine it. Especially now that I’m retired, I realize how important it is to have things you actually WANT to do. Something that makes you think, Oooooh, I want to try that! Something you can look forward to besides what’s on TV tonight.

I want to always have a project waiting on me. And apparently, for the next 10 months, I’m going to have to figure out how to be creative without having access to half the crap I use to BE creative. 😂 Someday those boxes are going to get opened. I’ll have my craft room. I’ll spread my crap everywhere. I’ll start six projects at once. And Dennis will probably wonder where I'm at!  Until then… somewhere in these boxes is my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment