September 1, 2014

I Could have Lost A Limb!!

I went to the Doc's office last week because I had a mole that itched and then stung when I scratched it.  I hate moles.. they are pesky little wart like wanna-be's!
I get in fairly quickly which is not normal.  Usually there is a long wait.  When I get back to the room my doctor comes is like right away with the big gun.  I am getting excited thinking that I can get rid of some of these things,  however, she looks at my mole and says ... "hmmm  I don't know what that is!"

Me: "Really?  Your a doctor,  your suppose to know what this is."

Doc: "No I will cut it out and send it off to have a biopsy done to it."

Okay wait... what?  Where's the gun?  Use the gun!
Me:  "So basically it is slow today and you are bored?"

Doc:  "Yeah I need to make more money today and you have insurance right?"
She goes on to explain,  "What I will do is make a small incision and cut it out and then stitch you up.

She leaves and comes back with a shot.
Doc:  "I am going to numb the area in here, and then take you to the procedure room."

Me: "You expect me to walk after you give me a numbing shot?"

Doc: "It's only going to numb your shoulder."
So she tells me... "This shot is gonna sting."

Well that makes no sense!  Give me a shot so I don't feel anything but the shot is going to sting? What kind of rinkydink outfit are you running here!?!?!

After she SLOWLY gives me this stinging shot... which I think she rather enjoyed... she has me walk
to the "Procedure room" where she hands me a clipboard  with a piece of paper on it.
Doc: "Here sign this. It basically says you can lose your life, but allows me to do this anyway."

Oh!!  Is that all!  Where's the pen?!?!

I hold my arm sleeve out of her way and I guess she cuts on my arm.  Apparently the stinging shot works, cause I really couldn't feel anything.

Then I hear her say... "Well crap!  Stupid me!"

This is NOT something I really want to hear when someone is cutting on my arm, especially if I can't feel it.  I could be losing a limb right now and not even know it!!!

Me: "What?"

Doc: "I set the tool I need down over there when I wasn't done with it."

Me: "Can't you reach it?"

Doc: "Yes, but now it isn't sterile."

Me: "Well... I did sign that paper....."

Doc:  "True!....."

I tell her that I had not come to the doctor to be cut on.  And that I had not had stitches since I was a new born.  So I would like a lot of stitches... so I can play the sympathy card all day and get stuff done for me at home. :)

Doc: "How many do you want?"

Me: "Twenty two!"

Doc: "I can give you three!"

Me: "Okay!  That'll work!"

I get to go next week to get the stitches out and find out the results.  Then I hope to have her remove more of these pesky things with a gun this time!!