January 30, 2015

I'm a little miffed.

Mother Nature is having some sort of power struggle with Spring and in the process it is effecting my business.  I have had to open my center later in the morning then I would like to, but because the weather is so bad, I worry about my staff getting to work without issues.  I am a business owner and as such I have a right to decide if I should be open or closed due to inclement weather.  Now I understand some people don't have the kind of job or the boss that allows much flexibility, but more times then not if you explain you have to be late because your daycare is not going to open on time because of the weather, they will understand.  Most times the parent love to use it as an excuse to keep off the crazy roads themselves.  And if your boss won't bend, you use your back up plan.... Snowstorms don't usually surprise us.