March 25, 2016

She's A Person

This is my sweet granddaughter Joanie.  I love her very much.

I look at her and automatically get happy!  I find that I plan my life around knowing her.  I plan my days at work around playing with her.  I think about all the many sleep overs we will have with her and her cousins... the forts made of blankets that will no doubt surround my living room, and the amount of cookies we will make and then eat. The holidays we will share, the secrets we will enjoy and the silliness we will get into.  I think about her safety and base decisions on her well being.

To think that just 9 months ago she wasn't here, although she did exist... we did not know her.  And now, she is the center of our families universe.

New hope.
New love.
New understanding.

That's what babies are suppose to do to families.
She has touched the lives of so many in her life already.  And wraps us more tightly around her little fingers every day.  She may only be 8 months old, but she deserves respect, kindness, sensitivity, patience, understanding and love.
 
She's a person.  Not just a baby, and she will always be a prominent member of our family.