July 6, 2013

Crap! It's that one girl!


I celebrate 19 years with this man this month~!  Where's my damn COOKIE!

Who would have thought a blind date would lead to 19 years?  Miracles happen every day. Here's the story on how it came to be....

I babysat for Mike and Kim.  Mike worked with Dennis.  I had just broke up with Ronnie.  Mike came to pick up his kids and said.... "Hey! I know this guy....."

Mike also told Dennis... "Hey, my babysitter just broke up with her boyfriend... you wanna check it out?"  Dennis was like "yeah, sure why not."

Mike tries to tell me what Dennis looks like:  "He's a really nice guy... He wears glasses and they kinda make his eyes big."  (Oh THAT sounds attractive!)

Mike tries to explain to Dennis who I am:  "She sometimes goes to the Spa and she is blond and tall... Dennis thinks he might know who he is explaining and doesn't like me.  But can't be sure... so he still agrees.

Date Night -  We both go to Mike and Kim's.  Dennis is repeating in his head.. "I hope it isn't that one girl! I hope it isn't that one girl! I hope it isn't that one girl!"

I walk in... and in his mind he says.. "CRAP!  It's that one girl!"

We go to see the movie SPEED.  We hardly speak, he never asks for my number.  We say goodnight.

Cut to one month later.  July 2

I go to spa with a friend that finds a biker more interesting than me and leaves me stranded... I need a ride home... I see Dennis watching me.......Kinda creepy.......  So I say "HI!  you remember me?"
He says "yes."
I say..."Can you give me a ride home?"

He owned a kitchen table with chairs......And the rest is history!