October 9, 2019

Worms in my purse

It’s ok to find yourself on a different path then you expected.  To not be the cool hip person you thought you where destined to be.  Other wise, I would still be digging up worms and keeping them in my purse. 

No I was not a weird kid...  My dad was a fishermen and bought worms to bait his trot lines.  I thought if I dug them up at recess I could sell them to him and make a little dough on the side.  But my bait business when south when my mother found I was stashing the worms with mud in my black patent church purse. (That's another story...)

Anyway, I hear it all the time..."I didn't use to do that", or "I didn't use to feel that way" or "this is not where I pictured myself at this age."  ... Well good!  If your 54 and still relating to your 16 year old self you have some serious problems, cookie!

When you're in your 30's, reality usually hits.  It says... "Yeah... This is your life!  And this is what it looks like!?"  And you think, but I'm not a movie star or married to a rich person or live in a 4 story barbie dream house with 32 rooms and a maid.  Instead you have 3  kids, all your moms old furniture, bills and a broken car with 7 loads of laundry still not done, spoiled milk in the fridge,  and no time to go shopping!

It's not just our bodies that change. Our minds, our attitudes, our beliefs...all change. We are constantly becoming who we are meant to be.  I use to stay up all night and still be able to function the next day.  I can't do that anymore.  Hell..... I use to be able to dance for 3 or 4 hours a night and now I get winded dancing to one song in my car! ( I'm totally out of shape.)

Sometimes I look forward to coming home and getting in bed  by 7:00 to watch tv for the evening! ( I hear its a common thing. )   But it doesn't have to be a bad thing.  And somehow I have really enjoyed the life of being a mom and having a job and just being a normal person with a normal life!  I'm okay with this path.