November 28, 2019

The Turkey Aside


Thanksgiving is behind us and with it, all the crazy crap that goes with it!  Our menu was basic for the most part.  Ham, Potatoes stuffing, broccoli rice... some vegan dishes...We added other things as we do every year to mix it up a little... but the big thing I added this year was the turkey.  I haven't had a turkey in years and I haven't cooked one even longer then that.


First off there was no tag on the Turkey... so I tell Ben to weight it on the bathroom scales.  But they don't have scales so he has to call his neighbor to borrow his.  That's not an awkward conversation.  We guessed 10... it  was 14lbs! 

Katie comes over to teach me how to boil eggs in the pressure cooker.  It makes crazy noises and I thought it would explode egg all over the ceiling and wake up Dennis but it actually boiled the eggs in 6 minutes and they were so easy to peel. 

In the middle of making three separate desserts my mixer quit.  The motor actually freezes up and sounds like it's choking to death.  Katie had to bring me hers so I could finish them.

One of my burner dials was broken... cost $20 to buy a new one... 

I almost forgot to make the stuffing and the rolls! 

We were suppose to eat at 1 but didn't eat until 2...  and the grand kids where all over the house and the living room looked like it threw up toys! 

On the Plus side ... My kitchen is so big that at one point 5 of us where in here cooking at the same time and never bumped into each other or got in each others way.

And I got to eat Turkey this Thanksgiving!