July 20, 2012

Comic Relief? Or Divorce Court...

How many people does it take to hide the cords behind the TV?

Three! 

And apparently it also requires the assistance of two growling dogs that have the run of a 2000 sq ft house and a doggie door that takes them to the great outdoors whenever they choose... yet they that pick that moment and that room, and better yet under that ladder I am standing on..... to fight over a stick!

I dropped the Wii and the DVD player... Yep!  They both hit the floor, crushing a candle into millions of pieces, on a floor that I had just swept!  Apparently, or according to the... know-it-all Dennis, the cords which I wrapped, where too tight and couldn't reach the proper plug-ins!!  Suck my big toe Dennis!

Through it all - Dennis only holds the front of the TV with both hands saying, "It's gotta sit flat!  It's gotta sit flat!" (talking about the cable box).  Matthew kept leaving the room and we would have to say... "MATTHEW!  Come here! We're not done!"  And he would whine about how he was trying to "clean his room"!  *Side note... I told him to clean it YESTERDAY and he didn't... now when I need his help his excuse was... "You told me to clean my room!"  OMG!!!

Finally, after Dennis redos my 'screwed-up-wrapped-up-cord-job'... we get the TV back up, and as Matthew and I are trying to plug the 40,000 cords back where they go to make sure everything is working..... Dennis says, "It' isnt' in the middle!  It's gotta go to the left!"  We say okay just a minute we are still plugging stuff in... But ignoring us he repeats it like 5 times!!!  Then he didnt' like the DVD player where it was.  (it has always been right there....)  "That looks hillbilly!"  he says.  At the breaking point and not at my best moment I say "Your MOM's a hillbilly!"  and he is like ... "Don't talk about my momma!"  :)

So, I start to clean up all the mess we have made during this adventure and I have cut wire, cut zip ties, a screw (?), okay, I honestly have no idea where that came from.... and candle shavings that got crushed when I dropped the Will on it... and as I am going to the trash with my hand full of this shhhh....er....stuff, -  Dennis wants to make sure I am not throwing anything good away that he can possible use again!  So... feeling aggravated because I obviously know the difference between trash and not trash items, I dumped it all on the island. He picked through it and said... yeah.. it's all trash and then walked away without putting it in the trash! UGH!!!

I haven't watched TV the rest of the night!