October 2, 2012

Dennis is cutting down my Shit again!!!

My sad little Rose bush looks like a Cactus!!!
Years ago, while I was directing a play, Dennis went to the store and bought a chainsaw.  I didn't think anything about it.  I thought with me being busy and away some days & evenings doing the play... he would enjoy more time alone around the house -

I was wrong.

Coming home from choreography one Sunday afternoon.... Dennis had put his new toy to use and cut down, not one.  Not two.  But THREE trees in our back yard.  I WAS NOT HAPPY!

He also cut down all my favorite vines that grew up my garage and over the door.  I thought it made our house look like a cottage, but he thought they looked messy. 

That was years ago, and you would think that I would have figured him out by now.  BUT NO!

Today I see him pulling weeds... so I go outside to find a rather large pile of '"my flowers" , which he says were 'dying', on the sidewalk.  He then looks right at me and with all seriousness he says...   "Don't go in the back yard."

Of course I went straight to the back yard and saw my Rose bush, or the place where my rose bush once stood just the day before and I might add full of roses, was now... GONE......He tells me he did that last year and it makes it come back even bigger the next year.

There isn't much more he can do this season... but I think I might hide his cutting thingys anyway!