March 30, 2020

Pandemic

We are having a Pandemic right now.  It started in China in November and they kept it from the rest of the world until Dec 31.  It's a little scary and very stressful.  California and New York are both on lock down.  Watching the world web cams, I see empty streets.  Oklahoma is also pretty quiet.  Most are working from home or they are just taking off work and staying isolated.
The daycare is open, but I really want to close.  I don't want any of my family subjected to this virus and I really don't want to get it either!

I have been keeping up with it.  The stock market is crashing over and over.  Businesses are closing. Gas is like .99 a gallon and people are buying out stores!  Meat, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, lysol cleaner are hot commodities!  Facebook has a whole page dedicated to it. 

I am still open because childcare is considered essential.  I really want to close.  I'm a nervous wreck about it all. 

Here are today's numbers:

World wide:    784,413
Total deaths:     37,638

Us Cases:        163.253
Total deaths:       3,167
Recovered:         5,507

Oklahoma:             481
Total deaths:            17
Counties:                 47