May 7, 2020

An Accomplishment Means Something

So during the pandemic I decided to finish a book that I’ve been writing for the past 10 years... yeah you read that right 10 years!  I really enjoy coming up with the story.  I enjoy being the creator of a story... that’s probably why I like to direct plays.  I can be the person who helps you see how the story unfolds.

Used to, I would set up with a good book almost every single night and since technology is taking over it’s been hard for me to concentrate on reading a book when tick-tock is available or Facebook or texting with friends. It's really sad because storytelling is so important not only for our minds but to help the person who’s reading it get away, have an escape... to be in a different place for even just an hour or two that you read a book.

I really need to get back into reading. I feel like my vocabulary is really slipping and I think writing this fourth book has proven that fact. I can’t think of a lot of the words that I want to use and I don’t know how to word things like I used to.  Reading does make a difference.

I cannot tell you why I feel the need to write... I just really really like it, and I want to have it accomplished so when I die I want to know that it was accomplished.  I put all my effort into this body of work and I did it just for me.

Photo books that I’ve made... all those creative memory things that I’ve done so that my kids can look back and have some sort of history.

but these books...
         these books for just for me>

 My kids might read them, who knows, but I want to see them on my library shelf and I hopefully they will end up on someone else's library shelves. Accomplishments doesn’t always have to have monetary value, sometimes it just has to be something that you complete.