September 30, 2019

Here Squirrelly, Squirrelly, Squirrelly...


I don't know why I got a squirrel as part of my fall decorations... I don't think of squirrels as a fall thing.  Especially since I had a few of them living in my backyard before and they mainly put in an appearance during the spring and summer months.  Regardless, I saw it at Kirkland's and thought: what a cute little decoration....  


Toby, (my dog), did not share in my enthusiasm.  

The first day, he tried to size up this beast from the wild, sitting on his fireplace holding what seemed to be food.  He barked while jumping toward it like he was some bad ass, ninja fighting, super hero dog... only to fall short and  cower backwards to bark at it again from a safer distance...

(one step forward... there steps back).

After about a day or two of this strange dance off, he seemed to notice the squirrel was showing no interest in him, and that it was not edible food he was holding,  Toby finally calmed down and got use to the idea and decided to leave him alone, but not without a couple of sideways glances from across the room... just for good measure.  

For the most part he seems to have forgotten about him....Until I make the squirrel chase him around  making growling noise.  

Squirrel 234
Toby 0